Fully digital offer
In April 2016, Qonto launched a bank account for business clients and was the first of its kind in France. The fintech’s project aims to help businesses and entrepreneurs easily and quickly open a business account, obtain payment cards and accounting services.
In 2019, Qonto announced it was extending its services to Italy, Spain and Germany.
In 2021, Qonto became a unicorn (a company valued at over 1 billion dollars).
Key market data
- In Europe, the segment of the SME bank account market is valued at 30 billion euros.
- In Europe there are more than 23 million SMEs.
- Qonto raised 10 million euros in 2017 and 20 million in 2018.
- In 2020, Qonto served more than 100,000 clients.
The problem identified by Qonto
The goal was to offer a service that would simplify the process of opening a business bank account with just a few clicks while including a range of services specific to Qonto.
The deployed solution
- Qonto used Treezor’s API and its Electronic Money Institution license
- Qonto launched a fully digital offer for entrepreneurs and SMEs
- Management of the entire regulatory part.
- Management of the core banking, processing and incoming and outgoing payments.
- Creation and management of wallets, IBANs and issuing of payment cards.